TGIF (Tracking Grades Is Futuristic)
My Weekly Friday Message for 2/22/2019
Dear Stellar Families,
I hope that this note finds you and yours happy and thriving. Here at school, we enjoyed a full week of sunshine and fun and learning.
The therapy dogs visited this week. There were only 2 dogs this week, as one of them had to cancel at the last minute. We worked around it by having the kids rotate between the two dogs every 7 minutes or so. The classes go visit them in 3 different blocks of time, so each dog had about 4 kids per rotation. It was still fun and really cute. Zoe and Sugar were our 2 little white furred fluff balls of love.
A few quick reminders about the next week:
- Our Middle Schoolers and 5th graders leave on Monday for the week. Bon Voyage!
- There are 2 field trips for those remaining next week - Tues and Thurs.
- We have Mother's Fun Fair tomorrow. Any interest to join Mrs. Romo and I? Flyer is attached below..
I have rescheduled the "Experiencing Dyslexia" simulation workshop. It is now scheduled for Saturday, April 13 from 9:00 - 1:00. For all you first year Stellar parents - I am going to offer you complimentary admission. The staff and I feel that it is critical that EVERYBODY in our community experience this. To take us up on this offer, you need to register with Mrs. Huckaby in our office. For our veteran parents, we are going to offer you a buy one get one admission. To take us up on this offer, register one of you via the Eventbrite link below and we will comp the person that you bring with you.
I have installed "Alexa" dots in all of our classrooms and the offices. We needed an all call system and, as we don't have a public address system; this was the safety measure that we came up with. Yesterday, Thursday, was the first day that they were active. The students are pretty excited to have Alexa in their classroom. I'm pretty happy that I can contact all the classrooms at the same time, or one at a time, to pass on information big and small. The teachers are pleased to have a way to communicate with other staff without having to leave their rooms. So far, the dots are an all around win.
March at a Glance:
- Monday, March 4 - Dr. Seuss Day:Read Across America. Students can wear their PJ's to school, but still need to wear playground appropriate shoes to school. (Slippers in the classroom are OK!!)
- Thursday, March 7 - Visitor's Day 8:45 - 10:00
- Thursday, March 7 -Fun Day - wear animal themed clothing.
- Wednesday, March 13 - Field trip to SF Ballet, all day.
- Friday, March 15 - Staff workday, no school
- Monday, March 18 - Progress reports sent home.
- Thursday, March 21 - Therapy Dogs visit at 10:00 am
- Thursday, March 21 - Multicultural Potluck 5:00 - 7:00, Stellar Choir will be debuting. It will be held in the Fellowship Hall..
Proud Head of School
Stellar Academy for Dyslexics