TGIF (Tropical Grade Infamous Frogs)
My Weekly Friday Message 2/14/2020
Dear Stellar Families,
*** On Wednesday, February 26 at 8:30 am, there is going to be a parent meeting sponsored by our Board. The topic of conversation will be the update for next year. Plan on no more than an hour. It will be held in the Fellowship Hall.
It was a crazy week. But another great week to be at Stellar. Let's look back and see...
On Monday, several classrooms celebrated our 100th day in fun ways... How many times can YOU write your name in 100 seconds? No really - how many times can YOU write your name in 100 seconds? How many jumping jacks can you do in 100 seconds?
Wednesday we had our parent meeting centered on knowing your rights and exploring the steps to take to secure an education for your child. Juliet Barraza is an amazing advocate with a vast knowledge base on parental rights for their IEP child. Huge and LOUD shout out to Maria Islas for securing such an amazing resource to talk with our community. All attendees were riveted the entire time.
Thursday was the monthly visit of the therapy dogs. AND we had a pop art buddy project. A good time was had by all!! Thanks to Mrs. Romo for heading up the art event.
Friday (Valentine's Day) was our Walk-a-Thon. A great time was had by all - Congrats to all our athletes. It was one for the record books - we had 2 athletes cross the 40 lap marker - Shout out to Ian G. and Katie C!!!!! Nice work The only remaining question for the quest for the medal is who raised the most money? Check back here for updates....
Under the category of fun: The Tech Museum and radio station KDFC have partnered up for a Kids Discovery Day at the Tech in San Jose. It's free and it looks fun. So if you have Sunday, February 23 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm open, check it out... Here's the link to the event. Tech Fun
Also under the category of fun: I have 10 adult tickets to my next concert. Children are free. First come, first served. Side note: the organization is going to harvest your email and mailing address for all the bulk mailing shenanigans.....here is all the info... concert link talk to me for the rest of the details.
Due to lack of attendees, I am postponing the Dyslexic Simulation scheduled for Saturday Feb. 22. We will try again in the Spring.
- No School - Monday 2/17/20
- Board Update - Wednesday, Feb. 26 Fellowship Hall 8:30 am ***
- Walden West - 3/2 - 3/6. (grades 5 & 6 only)
- Ardenwood Farms - Field trip W 3/4 12:00 -2:00 (grades 2, 3, 4, 7 & 8)
- Therapy Dogs - 3/12
- No school - Staff Development - Fri. 3/20
- Therapy Dogs - TH 4/9
- Student Council's Thank you luncheon for Cedar's church staff. TH 4/9
- Spring Break - 4/10 - 4/19
- Science Fair - F 5/1 1:30 - 2:30
- Therapy Dogs - TH 5/14
- A's Homerun Readers game (** tentative date is TH 5/21)
- School Holiday 5/22 - 5/25
- Parent/Teacher Conferences 5/26 - 5/29
- Field Trip - Aqua Adventure F 6/5 all day
- Therapy Dogs TH 6/11 and end of the year doggy party
- Last Day of school Friday, June 12 (early release 12:30) No after school care.
Proud Head of School
Stellar Academy for Dyslexics