TGIF (Telephones Give Information Flagrantly)
My weekly message for 4/26/21
Dear Team Stellar,
A rather calm and normal week. I have learned, over the last 13 months, to treasure calm and normal. I'm wondering what lessons you have learned over the last year that you plan on including in your new normal? It's rhetorical, but if you want to share, I'm listening.
We have 8 (EIGHT!!) kids attending Science Camp in 2 weeks. It is a 4-day day camp, but our gang is still beyond excited to be able to attend. Thanks again to those of you that donated to our fundraiser. The winner, as previously announced, of the most laps run was Sydney!!!The winner of our MOST MONEY RAISED medal goes to.....drum roll........
RUBY!!! She raised $215.00!!! Congrats Ruby!!!
Which brings me to my weekly summer camp reminder.
Stellar Summer Camp: Please fill out the application ASAP. Slots are filling up.
- Dates: Monday, June 28 through Friday, July 23
- First come, first served.
- If interested, please fill out the application linked below.
- Time: 8:15 - 12:30; optional math hour from 1:00 - 2:00 for an extra $ 400.00.
- Tuition for currently enrolled families: $ 500.00 + $ 400.00 optional math block tuition.
- Tuition for non enrolled families: $ 1895.00 + $ 400.00 optional math block tuition.
- Register online at our website. Link: Summer Camp Application
A BIG ASK: We are attempting to move forward on trying to install our playground. I have a vendor for the equipment and a blueprint design. Next steps involve permitting with the City of Newark and working with Ohlone College. We need a contractor and someone to keep the project on track. I have many strengths and NONE of them include knowing how to or what to do with a construction project. I don't speak this language AT ALL. The big ask is: Is there someone in our community, who speaks construction, to take over the bulk of this project? I am not asking that this be done for free, I am asking that this be done. If you or someone in your circle can chat with me about this, I would truly appreciate it.
ANOTHER BIG ASK: We have had office furnishings donated. In order to get it, we have to arrive at their site, on a still to be determined day, with pick up trucks and people willing to load and bring it to our site. If we can't secure enough pickup trucks, I will rent a U-Haul, but I still need the movers. It will be in the first week of May. Are you willing and able to help us out?
LOOKING AHEAD: (colored entry may mean that it has changed/added from last week, or that I want you to be sure and see it..)
- Tue. 5/4 - Fri. 5/7 SCIENCE CAMP (Grades 5-8) Optional
- Fri. 5/28 - Mon. 5/31; no school; Memorial Day Weekend
- Fri. 6/18 - Last Day of School; early release 11:55
- Summer school - June 28 - July 23; Our campus
A lot of siblings!!!
Proud Head of School
Stellar Academy for Dyslexics
39399 Cherry St. NP 2, Newark CA 94560
PO Box 1319, Newark CA 94560
school: (510) 742-3165