TGIF (Tickling Goats Is Fretful) **
My weekly message for 5/21/2021
** TGIF courtesy of Caroline M.
Dear Team Stellar,
This week I launched the on-line health screening form. Participation varies a bit each day, but more and more of you are well on the way to making it a regular part of your morning routine. I will be using this approach for the foreseeable future - summer camp and launching next school year. All the feedback has been positive - thanks for that. You primarily loved that you don't have to waste paper... me too!
A quick reminder that next week is a four day school week. We are off on Friday and all are being dismissed at 12:30 each day to accommodate parent-teacher conferences. If your conference is in person, we offer courtesy, on-site child care during your conference time.
With that being said, child care is always available at Stellar, if you are unavailable to pick up your student until later in the day. With notice, we can stay until 6:00 pm. Without notice the latest would be 5:00 pm. ($ 15.00/hour)
The following week is also a 4 day week; we will return to our regularly scheduled program, minus Monday, on Tuesday, June 1!
From Student Council: Our next Fun Friday is June 4th. The theme is "Crazy Hair Day.' Start planning now... <<insert evil grin emoji here>>
From the Board: Thanks to all of you that participated and gave feedback on the new logo project. Many voices are appreciated.
A couple of random things - asked last week and asking again this week:
- Please send me any pictures that you may have taken throughout this school year.
- We are not planning on a yearbook this year. I would, however, support a memory book being created. Here's the thing - a couple of you would need to step up and create it. I only have the pictures that I took with my phone AND the few random pictures some of you sent me. I would give this memory book team full access to my pictures file. Anyone interested? I was thinking about 'Snapfish' or the like.
Last call for Summer Camp registration: Summer Camp Application The headcount is reaching capacity. Don't be left out in the cold. :D
Recall that 2 weeks ago I sent out registration for the upcoming school year. The most important thing that I need to know is who is NOT planning on returning next year. Headcount guides staffing levels. Additionally, if your child won't be attending next year, that opens up a slot for a new family to attend. Please get the forms back to us ASAP. Thanks to those families that have already filled them out and/or told me that you are planning on returning.
Random source of continued learning (paper and pencil work): https://www.worksheetworks.com
LOOKING AHEAD: (colored entry may mean that it has changed/added from last week, or that I want you to be sure and see it..)
- MONDAY, MAY 24 - TH MAY 27: PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES!! EARLY RELEASE EACH DAY AT 12:30!!
- Fri. 5/28 - Mon. 5/31; no school; Memorial Day Weekend
- Fri. 6/18 - Last Day of School; early release 11:55
- Summer school - June 28 - July 23; Our campus
You're My Best Friend...
Proud Head of School
Stellar Academy for Dyslexics
39399 Cherry St. NP 2, Newark CA 94560
PO Box 1319, Newark CA 94560
school: (510) 742-3165