TGIF (Tortilla's Grant Infinite Flavor)
My weekly message for 2/19/21
Dear Team Stellar,
Well, we did it. We're approved. Thanks to our whole team for this. Now the real work begins. For now, returning to campus only applies to 2nd - 5th graders. Here's what we need from the rest you:
- A commitment, by Sunday noon, whether your student is going to be coming back in person or continue virtually. Reply to this email, please.
- If you have already contacted ME in the last week, you have already met your deadline.
- If I don't hear from you, I will be following up with a Sunday evening phone call. :D
- This information is necessary for our planning purposes, we need to know - daily routines/expectations need to be established, furniture and supplies need to be organized. Thanks in advance.
- Start assembling the tool kits for your returning scholar. They will be using them immediately.
- Please have your scholar start practicing wearing a mask for one hour at a time. If mask wearing is more normalized, then the transition back to class will be just that much easier.
- We have no food service or water fountains. You need to send all snacks, beverages and lunch items with your student each day.
- We MAY be able to store a week's supply of bottled water for your child, that you send in, but we are not in a position to be able to provide water, etc.
- REMINDER: NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26! (That's one week from today.)
FAMILY PROVIDED INDOOR TOOL BOX - A clear, plastic shoe box that contains: sharpened pencils, pens, markers, sharpened colored pencils, ruler, scissors, glue stick, sticky notes, erasers, spare masks, etc. One for each classroom the student has scheduled. Family provided. Will be stored in each classroom.
FAMILY PROVIDED INDOOR TOOL BOX OPTION: One tool kit per child that they take between all their classes. Whichever option works best for each child. Will be stored in their first instructional block room.
FAMILY PROVIDED OUTDOOR PLAY KIT - A labeled container that holds individual items such as: a jump rope, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, art supplies (paper and drawing tools), markers for hopscotch, book, hacky sacks, etc. Items that the student would enjoy using while spending time outdoors. Family provided. Kits will be stored in Room 7.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE: Individual kits for the kids need to be provided by our families here as well. No common toys, games, puzzles, etc. can be provided by us. This includes snacks and beverages.
We know that our return is going to be a HUGE change. We were careful and thoughtful in all stages of our planning for our return; experts were consulted and mandates were followed. Our plans were approved by all applicable organizations.
We are asking for and we in return will provide: patience, understanding and flexibility. If we learn that there is a better way to proceed, we will adjust as we go. This is a work in process. We are in this together.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOU AGAIN!!
Parenting goals.... :D
LOOKING AHEAD: (colored entry may mean that it has changed/added from last week, or that I want you to be sure and see it..)
- Wed. 2/24: 1:30 - 3:30 Curriculum pick up/return for those not returning to in person instruction.
- Fri. 2/26 - NO SCHOOL. CLASSROOM AND TEACHER PREP FOR RETURN TO IN PERSON INSTRUCTION.
- Mon. 3/1 In person instruction - day 1. Grades 2 - 5.
- Fri. 3/19 no school; Professional Development Day
- SPRING BREAK - 4/2 - 4/11
- Fri. 5/28 - Mon. 5/31; no school; Memorial Day Weekend
- Fri. 6/18 - Last Day of School; early release 11:55.
Proud Head of School
Stellar Academy for Dyslexics