TGIF (T'was Gaining Infamous Fame)
My weekly message for 12/4/20
Dear Team Stellar,
Now that Thanksgiving is in our rear view mirror and ALL the December/January holidays are fast approaching, I'd like to offer you the opportunity to take a deep breath. Go ahead and breathe, I'll wait.....
Now that we have that out of the way, let us begin...
As I write this, the sun is shining, the air is crisp and the leaves are practically all gone from the trees. Although there are PLENTY of leaves on the ground; [I spy a future student service project in the making...]
Update re: Governor's press conference yesterday: no change for our school at this juncture. Dr. Moss (head of ACPH) expects 6-8 more weeks of purple tier. It is all just guess work at this point. Buckle up, get comfortable and let's do this.
Remember the ask letter that I sent out last month? So far the response has been less than expected. Please remember Stellar as you choose your year end charitable contributions. Thanks again.
For our Holiday Community Outreach Project: Mrs. Romo is, once again, spearheading an initiative to give help to those in need. She is looking to make Carebags for the homeless in our community.. I have attached the flyer to this email. Please email her with any questions: email@example.com. Thank you in advance.
STOCKING STUFFERS: Should you be looking for some fun things for young people, might I suggest a book or trinket from Scholastic Books? They will deliver to your address in short order. To access our account, go to: https://clubs.scholastic.com, use the code GRBKF and shop to your heart's delight. We get nothing from them except points to buy class sets of books and treasures. Enjoy.
REMINDER: I keep the calendar that is on our website up to date . The paper one you received at the beginning of the school year is way out of date.
LOOKING AHEAD: (colored entry means that it has changed/added from last week)
- Wed. 12/16 - SIP pick up and drop off day. 1:30 - 3:30
- Fri. 12/18 - Minimum Day (Release time will be 11:55 am)
- 12/21 - 1/3 - Winter Break
- Mon. 1/4 First school day of 2021!!!
- Mon. 1/18/21 Holiday; no school; Martin Luther King Jr.
- Tentative back to school in person date: Tues. 1/19/21
- Mon. 2/15 Holiday, no school, President's Day
- Fri. 3/19 no school; Professional Development Day
- SPRING BREAK - 4/2 - 4/11
- Fri. 5/28 - Mon. 5/31; no school; Memorial Day Weekend
- Fri. 6/18 - Last Day of School; early release 11:55.
Links that make me smile:
Proud Head of School
Stellar Academy for Dyslexics